Vasona dam and reservoir is located on Los Gatos Creek within the town of Los Gatos. Albert August Vollmer, who came to the area in 1887, named the area after a pony he had as a child. Vasona Lake Dam and Reservoir is one of six original reservoirs approved by the voters in 1934. The reservoir capacity is 495 acre-feet. The surface area is 57 acres. The dam was completed in 1935 and new gates were installed in 1997.
Innundation map (1973)